Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life is upredictable [part 2]

Okay... again.. I has been placed in such a situation that make me contemplate.

On Sunday, June 26 2011, I wrote in this blog that 'Life is unpredictable' that briefly I told about how my office life is significantly change within 8 months.

Now it has been 7 months from that posting date, and I'm going to tell you some weird story that my office conditions are 'once again' changing dramatically.

It started 3 months ago that suddenly I got a new boss, but not replacing the old one, but she's as an addition. Let me draw the scheme of bosses in my company:
CEO --> BOSS 1 --> BOSS 2 --> BOSS 3 --> ME

Then the new boss that is externally recruited is becoming BOSS 4, and the scheme is change into:
CEO --> BOSS 1 --> BOSS 2 --> BOSS 3 --> BOSS 4 --> ME

Well, instead of getting a promotion, I even have a new boss?? Such a pity for me, but then at that moment, I has been able to cope with the situation, means that I'm not so desperate as it was before. I'm in the process of getting a new job outside, but in the meantime I'm still passionate to work and learn as many thing as possible. I'm just praying so that my new boss could bring happiness. No matter what.

Guess what, after 3 months, I got many surprise:

(1) BOSS 4 is getting so many critics from BOSS 3. As I ever mentioned before, BOSS 3 is very demanding to me. And she also do so to BOSS 4. This is actually kinda weird, as BOSS 3 is the one that recruit BOSS 4, so she should becoming a golden girl rite? I'm personally admire this BOSS 4 as she's very nice and kind person (at least until now, yea.. life is very unpredictable).

(2) BOSS 3 is resigned!!! wow... that is a good news for everyone, but unfortunately this boss is smart and knows everything, and she only has 10days to handover her job directly to her replacement. Aaaahh.. For me, this is also a disaster, because BOSS 1 and BOSS 2 will come after me (and to BOSS 4 who is still not knowing about anything).

(3) A job offer come to me.
Hahah.. I really never predict this one, as the job interview has been done since 2 months ago, and every recruitment process over a month that hasn't continued will be declared as failed. I'm in the situation that is not willing too much to move anymore as the environment is getting better (because of no 1 and no 2 above), but however, this job offer me an increase in salary at certain percentage that is most likely make many people move with logical reason. Money. Most of employee in private company has been trained not to be afraid of facing new challenges, including resigning and joining another private company that offer development.
But then, deep inside my heart, I still want to develop my skill in this current company. Let's say I has just learned about 40% of one valuable knowledge, and of course I'm very passionate to continue that learning.
So.. as BOSS 3 is in the process of resigning, I directly talk to BOSS 2 before I sign the offer. And another unpredictable moments happen.

(4) Unfortunately I only got a day length of being offered and then signing it.
So, to BOSS 2 I talk honestly that I'm having another job that offer me an increase, but actually I still love working in this company, but I definitely need money! And simply saying, I only give BOSS 2 time to consider whether I'm going to be promoted or not in only one day! But if then he decided not to do anything, then tomorrow I will have to resign. Gosh...
And you know what, BOSS 2 give me the promotion. effective next month.
And I'm staying in this company, rejecting the offer.

(5) After promoting, the scheme is becoming like this:
CEO --> BOSS 1 --> BOSS 2 --> BOSS 3 --> ME AND BOSS 4 is now equal

See?? in only one week, that were so many changes happen. And I'm stunned with my mind thinking about this all. Thing that I really never think before... is that BOSS 3 who used to be really awful, is the one who help to assure me to be promoted! Wow.....

Contemplating these sudden news, I was reminded by my husband:

“Dan dia lah yang menjadikan kamu penguasa-penguasa di bumi dan dia meninggikan sebahagian kamu atas sebahagian (yang lain) beberapa derajat, untuk mengujimu tentang apa yang diberikan-Nya kepadamu.” (QS. Al An’am : 165

“Maka tatkala mereka melupakan peringatan yang telah diberikan kepada mereka, kamipun membukakan semua pintu-pintu kesenangan untuk mereka; sehingga apabila mereka bergembira dengan apa yang telah diberikan kepada mereka, kami siksa mereka dengan sekonyong-konyong, Maka ketika itu mereka terdiam berputus asa.”
(QS. Al An’am : 44)

Hopefully, I could be the person that is still 'down to earth'... Amin.

“Dan (ingatlah juga), tatkala Tuhanmu memaklumkan; "Sesungguhnya jika kamu bersyukur, pasti kami akan menambah (nikmat) kepadamu, dan jika kamu mengingkari (nikmat-Ku), Maka Sesungguhnya azab-Ku sangat pedih". (QS. Ibrahim : 7)


Allahu Akbar, Tuhan Maha Besar
and
Alhamdulillah, segala puji bagi Allah

1 comment:

thejoe said...

...The Sign is always there...some of us is too busy to listen...some of us ignore it...so keep the clarity of your mind...